The news was confirmed by the official PUBG Twitter account, which revealed that a recent test build was being put live tonight for fans.
“PC players, the live servers are now down for maintenance which is expected to last for 2 hours. Please download the latest patch via your Steam client,” The Twitter message explains.
This will be PUBG update 4 for the PC 1.0 build and includes an array of new changes for the popular Battle Royale title.
A new type of anti-cheat solution is also apparently being applied to the game, which will move Bluehole Inc. closer to their goals of reining in problem players.
“We are in a test phase with this solution, and its stability and compatibility need to be verified,” a message from Bluehole reads on the subject of the new test build.
“We would like to collect data about potential compatibility issues, analyze it and solve any issues that may emerge.”
These new changes must have been deemed successful as they appear to be going live with the rest of the new PUBG update tonight.
It should also be noted that a new leaderboard season will be opened once the servers go live tonight, which shouldn’t be far away.
By the reckoning posted by Bluehole earlier tonight, PUBG Servers should be back online at around 4am, GMT.
There’s also the chance that the maintenance period for the new Battlegrounds patch could be extended, so it’ll be worth keeping an eye on the official Twitter page.
The full PUBG patch notes can be found below and includes some big changes for the game’s second map, Mirarmar.
In a bid to increase engagement, the update adds more buildings and cover, as well as new off-road routes.
Fans will also be able to find more loot dotted around the map, which should balance things up.
The Battlegrounds patch makes a host of bug fixes, and introduces a new replay system.
PUBG PATCH NOTES FOR PC 1.0:
- Added more buildings and cover across the map to improve the engagement experience
- Added more off-road routes for easier vehicle navigation
- Upgraded the item spawn level of certain areas for loot balancing (some areas will spawn better loot)
- The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore
- Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater
- Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck in certain areas on Miramar
- Fixed the issue where wall textures on some Miramar buildings were not displaying correctly
- Fixed the issue where certain buildings near by Hacienda del Patron were not displaying correctly