Epic Games have been busy this week celebrating the start of Fortnite’s big successes on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, Nintendo Switch and Mobile.
And having released one of the most popular games in the world, the development team are now focused on adding some big features.
One of these will be launched this week, with Fortnite Playground Mode V2 going live on Wednesday, July 25.
No release time has been revealed by Epic Games, so fans will want to keep an eye on the Fortnite social media feeds.
Based on how things have been done in the past, it seems likely that the Playground will be back in the late morning, UK time.
As many will already know, the original Playground Mode was an LTM that offered fans the chance to explore the island, without fearing an early exit.
Launch day issues with servers caused problems for Epic Games, who had to delay the release.
Server issues were solved and the Playground LTM was released, quickly becoming a popular training exercise.
But as it was just a limited-time mode, it meant it would inevitably be removed and replaced with something else.
WHEN IS PLAYGROUND MODE COMING OUT?
Playground Mode V2 is the next evolution in the training ground idea from Epic Games, who are looking to make it a permanent mode in the future.
As the V2 in the title suggests, the development team have made some changes to the winning formula.
Epic Games are trying to make Playground Mode a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild.
This means being able to B=build massive structures and practice with new weapons and items.
So when the mode returns tomorrow, fans can be reassured that they will still be able to fight against their friends.
However, it should be noted that this won’t be the permanent version of the mode, but another iteration that will disappear in early August.
You can find the full Fortnite patch notes on what has changed in Playground Mode below:
PLAYGROUND PATCH NOTES
- Players can now switch teams in-game. Join the same team to work together creatively, join separate teams to practice fighting each other!
Note: Voice chat will remain on across all teams, future iterations of the mode will offer more customization.
- Aim assist will work when using a gamepad against players on an opposing team.
- Matches will no longer end if one player leaves the server.
- Golf carts have been added and spawn 100% of the time.
- Ammo cans spawn 10x the amount of ammo.
- Removed grey vending machines, increased the chances of higher-tier machines spawning.
- Increased launch & bounce pads spawn likelihood.
- Lowered forced glider deploy height, so players can get back into the action more quickly.
- Increased max rocket ammo cap to 60.
- Increased rocket ammo drop rates.
- Added 100 Supply Drops.
- Chests now spawn 3 weapons and more ammo & consumables than normal.
- Floor loot now spawns 3 items.
- Increased Chug Jug and Slurp Juice spawn chances, decreased Bandages.
- Added Chug Jugs to floor loot.
- Respawn timer lowered from 10s to 3s.
- Mode Details
- Drop into the Battle Royale map alone or with up to a full squad for an hour.
- Players respawn immediately unless eliminated by the Storm.
- The Storm doesn’t start closing in for 55 minutes and takes 5 minutes to close in.
- Resources gained from harvesting increased by ten times the normal amount.
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map.
- Chests & ammo boxes spawn 100% of the time.