The Maneater release date has been set for PC and consoles for later this week but we don’t know everything about the launch just yet. And while there’s a long list of games coming to all three platforms in the coming days, there is only one that lets you play as a man-eating shark. And if becoming a monster of the sea is something you’d like to try during lockdown, developers Tripwire Interactive are giving you the perfect chance.
WHAT IS THE MANEATER RELEASE DATE AND LAUNCH TIME SCHEDULE?
Tripwire Interactive has confirmed that Maneater has a release date set for Friday, May 22, 2020, on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Maneater will also launch on Nintendo Switch, however, this will be happening later in 2020.
It should also be noted that Maneater is available to pre-purchase on PC via the Epic Games Store.
Tripwire Interactive has also confirmed that they plan to announce the official Maneater release time later this week.
This means we should find out exactly when the new RPG will be available on the PlayStation and Microsoft Store.
From the information listed on the Epic Games Store, Maneater will need around 10GB of space, although the console version may need more.
The official game description can be found here and explains the general gist of how the new ShaRkPG works:
“Experience the ultimate power fantasy as the apex predator of the seas: A terrifying shark!
“Maneater is a single-player, open world action RPG (ShaRkPG) where you’re the shark. Starting as a small shark pup you are tasked with surviving the harsh world while eating your way up the ecosystem.
“Explore a large and varied open world encountering diverse enemies – both human and wildlife.
“Find the right resources and you can grow and evolve far beyond what nature intended.”
- Eat, explore and evolve in an open world action RPG.
- Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, Rick and Morty).
- Feed on humans, consume nutrients and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore 7 large regions including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean and more. Experience a living world with a full day/night cycle.
- Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Hunter Parties and Bounty System – the humans fight back! The battle against various types of hunters ranging from small skiff’s all the way up to the coast guard.
Maneater is launching on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch in 2020, priced a $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 MSRP.