Gamers already have their own thoughts on the Call of Duty Modern Warfare beta on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Being available to download by so many gamers and offering crossplay for the first time, it provided Infinity Ward with a lot of new data.
And following the end of the test – which appeared to be extended for some – the development team have shared their own MW review.
This included a list of things that went well during the Call of Duty beta and things that will need to be fixed before the big release date.
Infinity Ward has until October 25 to get everything ready, and there appears to be much to review.
“First and foremost, we want to thank each and every one of you for joining us during the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta,” a message from Infinity Ward reads.
“Whether you only played one weekend or both, your feedback was heard, and we can’t thank you enough.
“This was one of the most crucial testing times for our game and we’re honoured that you all were with us every step of the way.
“As we’ve said before and will continue to say, this is your game just as much as it is ours, and we couldn’t do any of this without you. From everyone on the Infinity Ward development team, thank you so, so, much for playing.”
The list of changes Infinity Ward are hoping to make comes with a warning that not all the bugs are listed.
So if players were affected by an issue posted online, it doesn’t mean it isn’t being looked at by the team.
It should also be noted that while there won’t be any further Modern Warfare betas on PS4 and Xbox One, more reveals are coming.
This includes new details covering the story campaign of the game, with a premiere being held at the end of September.
This will be followed by a Special Ops reveal next month, coming before the final release date on October 25.
Here is the list of change and bugs being reviewed by Infinity Ward before next month’s full launch:
- Blurriness while ADSing or on the matchmaking screen on PC
- Crashes on Xbox One and PC (please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing one of these crashes)
- Players are unable to chat with console platforms while on PC
- Players were able to change their input device midmatch. We deployed a fix for this during the beta.
- Recon Drone UI staying on screen after using
- Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of the crate and the mask staying on screen after the player has died in the suit and respawned back in to match
- Ground War: In some cases, players would spawn or be ‘pushed’ under the map, allowing them to kill enemy players while being hidden. Friendlies are also able to spawn on under the map as well. We’re looking into how you spawn on your teammates as well as spawning in on vehicles in general, too.
- Players are unable to shoot through open rails/towers
- Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox
- VTOL Jet firing through the roof of various buildings in Quarry
- Suppressed M13 still uses normal audio sounds
- Settings not saving on PC
- FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map. This has been fixed.
- 1Doors not opening or closing as intended. In some cases, players are able to see through closed doors.
- Cyber Attack: Unable to defuse the bomb. Unable to pick up a weapon after being revived
- Various audio bugs where the only audio being played is of vehicles, no audio, or only weapons
- Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
- Staying as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.