Dead mouse in Coke can shocks Frenchman

0
353


Coca-Cola are angrily denying the claims of a computer scientist named Damien from the French town of Varenne-sur-Seine, who says he found a dead mouse inside a can of the world-famous soft drink.

Damien, 34, told Le Parisien that he ate a pizza at a restaurant near his home and bought a can of Coke on his way home.


He says he first noticed the weight of the rodent bobbing around in the can, but it was only after drinking the coke that he realised the creature was in there.

He first called Coca-Cola’s head office in France. He says the company kept him on the phone for a quarter of an hour, and that they insisted that it would-be impossible for the mouse to have entered the can at any point in their production process.

Damien maintains that he kept the can in his hand and didn’t set it down while it was open, so the mouse couldn’t have slipped in while the drink was in his possession.

SHOCK: Damien saw the mouse’s little ‘hand’ in his can of Coke (Pic: Le Parisien)

“Either the mouse was in the can before the Coke was poured into it, or it was in the Cola vat and poured into the tin”

Damien

Coca-Cola have sent Damien a letter, repeating their insistence that the mouse couldn’t get into a can at their factory.

The company requested that he send the can to them for examination, but Damien has so far refused, saying that it’s his only evidence that the incident happened at all.

He’s currently storing the can in his freezer.

Damien

WORRIED: Damien is concerned that he might have picked up a disease by drinking the Coke (Pic: Le Parisien)

Mouse 2

DENIAL: Coca Cola say it’s impossible for a mouse to get into the can at their factory (Pic: Le Parisien)

Unable to get the result he wanted from Coca-Cola, Damien called the police, who declined to take action, and his doctor because he was concerned that he could have contracted Leptospirosis (Weil’s disease) which can be spread through the urine of rats, mice and dogs.

Despite the fact that his doctor assured him that his gastric juices would be enough to kill any bugs the might have been in the drink he also contacted a regional poison control centre, insisting on a blood test.

He has been told to report back to the centre if he displays any flu-like symptoms in the coming three weeks.

Meanwhile, as a goodwill gesture, Coca-Cola has offered Damien a free six-pack of Cokes.



By

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here