The development team have just deployed a new PS4 patch, which aims to take care of a few issues.
It’s not the big ARK Survival Evolved update being planned for release in mid-April, which will include a long list of changes.
However, it appears that while this new patch is only looking to solve a few bugs, some players are reporting a big download.
ARK players on Reddit have confirmed receiving downloads weighing in at 27GB, something that doesn’t appear part of the plan.
Community manager have confirmed that while the patch does look bigger than it should, the update is correct.
This new ARK Survival Evolved update aims to solve a few issues connected with building structures in the game.
“The PS4 patch that just went out is to resolve the problem with structures not placing properly, and the advanced workbench structure,” Studio Wildcard confirms.
These are the only changes listed by the Studio Wildcard team, who are preparing for the launch of the new TLC 2 patch later this month.
Fans may have also noticed that a new Egg-themed event is currently live in ARK Survival Evolved.
Running until April 10th, survivors will be able to experience the “Eggcellent Adventure” Event on all platforms.
During the event, survivors will be able to collect special “Bunny Eggs” across the ARK from wild Bunny Dodo’s and Bunny Oviraptor’s.
These Bunny Eggs can paint or be used in special Cooking Pot recipes to craft holiday-themed items such as Bunny Ears, a Bunny Costume for the Procoptodon, are two brand new cosmetics: the Knitted Chick Hat and Egg Shell Hat for both survivor and dino.
The TLC 2 patch will look to revamp a list of dinos, as well as provide some new changes to the Ragnarok mod.
Here’s a list of other changes fans may want to know about the new event:
- Wild creatures roaming the ARKs will also find themselves feeling eggcellent, sporting bright colours of Green, Magenta, Yellow, and Blue.
- Wild Dodos are replaced by Bunny Dodos – with ears, taming disabled, and drop 50% consumable dodo eggs and 50% Bunny eggs
- Wild Oviraptors are replaced by Bunny Oviraptors – with ears, taming disabled, and drop 50% consumable Oviraptor eggs and 50% Bunny Eggs
- Bunny Eggs can be placed on the ground and painted
- Bunny Eggs will expire after approximately two weeks from inventories, and placed eggs will immediately decay once the event is turned off.
- Run your private server with ‘-ActiveEvent=Easter’ to turn on the event
- Running the same server without -ActiveEvent=Easter will delete all placed egg structures
- PC players can use Steam > ARK > Properties > General > Set Launch Options and paste in -ActiveEvent=Easter to experience the event in single player/non-dedicated/player dedicated worlds. You must enable the event yourself in these modes.
- Event is not available in Primitive Plus, or single player console worlds, non-dedicated console servers, or player dedicated console servers. Console can however spawn and use the new cosmetics with the command below.