Transfer news live updates: Follow the latest transfer gossip
Tuesday, April 24
Messi wants Gomes gone
Cristiano Ronaldo has discovered that Lionel Messi does not rate Barcelona team-mate Andre Gomes, according to Don Balon.
Gomes is on the fringes of Ernesto Valverde’s first-team squad and has managed just 12 starts in all competitions this term.
It is claimed Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has come to the conclusion that the Portugal international has to go.
Gomes, who joined from Valencia for €35million in 2016, is under contract at the Nou Camp until 2021.
Hazard/Bale swap deal
18:20: Chelsea are prepared to negotiate with Real Madrid over swapping Eden Hazard and Gareth Bale this summer.
That’s according to well known Spanish journalist Eduardo Inda.
Inda says both parties are willing to negotiate a swap deal involving the two superstars.
“Chelsea would be willing to do the Hazard operation with Real Madrid if Gareth Bale enters,” Inda revealed.
“Real Madrid or Chelsea could have to give money to close the operation, but the priorities of the two parties have been clear.”
Eden Hazard and Gareth Bale could swap clubs this summer
Rangnick linked with Arsenal job
16.35: Ralf Rangnick has emerged as a shock candidate to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.
Rangnick, 59, has not managed since leaving Bundesliga side RB Leipzig in 2016.
“Another name that has emerged to us today is Ralf Rangnick,” Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol said.
“Now, he is somebody who is working at the moment as a sporting director in Germany.
“His background is very interesting because he was the manager of Hoffenheim and he took them to the third tier of German football into the Bundesliga.
“So he is someone we have been told today Arsenal are also interested in.”
Fred to Man Utd
14.50: Manchester United are close to signing Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk after Manchester City gifted a deal to Jose Mourinho, reports say.
Manchester United and Manchester City both want Fred amid uncertainty over his Shakhtar future.
The Brazil international nearly left the club in January and, given his fine displays, a summer transfer now beckons.
Guardiola’s City appeared favourites to sign him just months ago but ultimately chose to spend their money on Aymeric Laporte, who joined from Athletic Bilbao.
And the Manchester Evening News say their hesitance has cost them dear with United set to sign him instead.
Jose Mourinho has already confirmed a central midfielder is on his radar, particularly with Michael Carrick and Marouane Fellaini leaving.
Bellerin number hint
14.15: Hector Bellerin says he intends to take the Arsenal number two shirt ahead of next season.
The 23-year-old has been linked with a move away from Arsenal after an indifferent season at right-back.
Manchester United are understood to be monitoring his situation while Barcelona, who he left in 2011 to join Arsenal’s academy, remain in the market.
Bellerin currently wears the number 24 shirt with the number two unoccupied since the departure of Mathieu Debuchy in January.
The number two is commonly worn by defenders and Bellerin appears to have informed Arsenal that he intends to change for next season.
City say Stones is going nowhere
12.30: Manchester City have quashed reports that John Stones will be sold in the summer.
It emerged overnight that Stones would be allowed to leave City in the summer having fallen down the pecking order this term.
He now appears fourth choice centre-back after the signing of Aymeric Laporte and return to fitness of Vincent Kompany.
But Sky Sports claim City have no intention of selling Stones.
PSG eye Sandro deal
10.50: PSG have joined the race for Alex Sandro, according to Le 10 Sport.
The Juventus left-back has been tracked by Chelsea and Manchester United previously.
But now PSG are in the mix and could turn things into a bidding war.
Sandro has impressed at Juve and the Serie A champs turned down a £70m bid last season.
Alex Sandro is on PSG’s radar for the summer after impressing at Juventus
Salah to Man Utd?
10.15: Mohamed Salah could join Real Madrid or Manchester United this summer, according to big reports in Spain.
Liverpool star Salah is on Real Madrid’s agenda as they target the La Liga and Champions League titles next term.
Reports have previously claimed Manchester United are also keen to secure his signature with Jose Mourinho full of admiration for the player he sold at Chelsea in 2016.
And Spanish outlet Diario Gol have now sensationally said that Real fear Salah may end up going to United and opting for a sensational Mourinho reunion.
09.30: Alexandre Lacazette will still be ruing missing out on a move to Atletico Madrid last summer.
That’s the verdict of Sky Sports pundit Charlie Nicholas, who’s questioned Arsene Wenger’s decision not to start Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ahead of the Frenchman against West Ham last weekend.
Lacazette joined Arsenal last July in a then-club-record deal worth an initial £46.5m, with a further £6.1m potentially due in add-ons.
But that move only came about after FIFA upheld Atletico’s transfer ban, with the 26-year-old having been lined up to replace Manchester United-bound Antoine Griezmann.
Lacazette has since gone on to score 15 goals in all competitions but he’s not guaranteed a start with Aubameyang also on Arsenal’s books.
Nicholas has now claimed Lacazette would probably rather be lining up for Atletico than Arsenal in Thursday night’s Europa League clash.
“Arsenal finally made the breakthrough announcement they needed, with Arsene Wenger confirming his departure at the end of the season, but I don’t think the Gunners were overly impressive at the weekend,” Nicholas told Sky Sports, predicting his old side will beat Atletico 2-1.
“I thought it was a really strange selection not starting Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
“Alexandre Lacazette has found himself some scoring form but he’s probably still thinking he wishes his move to Atletico Madrid had gone through in the summer.”
Transfer news live: Follow the latest gossip from around the world
Liverpool ‘overpaid’ for Salah
09.10: Liverpool owner John W. Henry believed he had overpaid for Mohamed Salah last summer, according to Roma chief James Pallotta.
Salah joined Liverpool last summer from Roma in a deal worth around £34.3million.
And the Roma chief revealed Henry was concerned about the price Liverpool were paying for Salah last summer.
He told ESPN: “He was sort of bitching a little about, ‘Did we overpay? I think we overpaid’.
“And I said, ‘I’ll buy you lunch’.”
Roma were under financial pressure to let one of their big names leave and Pallotta says that allowed Liverpool to pick up “an unbelievable bargain”.
He said: “When you look at it now, you can say it’s an unbelievable bargain.
“The issue at the time was that when [Roma director of football] Monchi came in, Salah wanted to leave. He had a year left on his contract so in another year you’d get nothing.
“He wanted to go back [to England after a spell with Chelsea] and prove himself, which he certainly has done. We can’t tell you that anybody else was calling for Salah at anywhere near that kind of price, so there’s a lot of teams that have missed out on the great play he’s had this year.”
Jorginho heading to City
08.30: Jorginho “prefers” the prospect of a move to Manchester City over Manchester United, according to reports.
Jorginho has enjoyed an impressive season for the Serie A title chasing Napoli.
And his displays have alerted Manchester City and Manchester United, who are both keen to strengthen their midfield in the summer.
With Fernandinho turning 33, City are keen to sign competition for the Brazilian.
While at United, Michael Carrick is retiring and Marouane Fellaini is increasingly likely to leave after failing to agree on a new deal.
But after beating United to the Premier League, City now look set to beat them in the transfer market.
According to the Guardian, Jorginho’s agent has held talks with City sporting director Txiki Begiristain about a move and the midfielder’s preference is the Etihad.
Mohamed Salah has been told to quit Liverpool this summer
Salah urged to quit Liverpool
07.55: Mido has urged Mohamed Salah to immeditately quit Liverpool for Real Madrid or Barcelona.
Salah has been a revelation for the Reds this season with 31 Premier League goals and has been linked with the Spanish giants.
And Mida has told him to cash in on the interest.
“With all due respect to Liverpool and his fans, Salah should immediately accept any offer from Real Madrid or Barcelona,” Mido told ON Sport.
“He has been amazing with Liverpool the entire season, and could be very useful in La Liga especially with Real Madrid who are suffering from Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema’s horrible form this season.
“With his quality and pace, it should be easy for him to make it in La Liga.
“I’ve been there for a while, and I can say that the likes of Salah have a huge chance to succeed alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and the stars of Real Madrid.”
Iniesta in the City
07.45: Andres Iniesta could rock up at Manchester City this summer, according to the bookies.
Iniesta is out of contract at Barcelona at the end of the season and is expected to depart the club.
The veteran midfielder has seen his influence at the Nou Camp wane in recent months, although he remains a regular in the first team.
Barcelona have grand plans to replace Iniesta and are likely to grant his wish to leave before or after the World Cup.
China has been mooted as the most likely destination for the Spaniard.
But bookmakers Betway claim Manchester City remain in the running for his signature.
Arsenal’s ‘restricted’ budget
07.30: Arsenal’s next manager will be handed a ‘restricted’ transfer budget of just £50m this summer.
Arsene Wenger revealed he will step down as Gunners boss this summer after nearly 22 years in charge.
And the Telegraph report that the new boss will have a smaller transfer kitty than expected to transform the squad.
Arsenal have spent big on Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in recent windows and the spending this summer will be curbed.
The new boss will be forced to sell players to add to his budget with a number of players potentially on their way out.
07.15: Paul Pogba could be sacrificed by Jose Mourinho as he tries to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.
Pogba has struggled in his second season back in Manchester and has seemed at odds with Mourinho.
The France star has been in and out of the Manchester United side and cut a frustrated figure in recent months.
And Don Balon claim he could be heading to Real Madrid in part of a deal to bring Ronaldo back to United.
Roma strong on Alisson sale
07.00: Roma chief James Pallotta insists they will not sell Alisson this summer.
The Brazil keeper has been linked with Liverpool and Real Madrid.
But Pallotta says he will be staying put.
“I have no interest in selling Alisson,” he told Sky Italia.
“I know that in several, even Liverpool, they said they wanted it. We have a good contract with him. I’m sure some team will come with a lot of money to get it.
“At that time the decision will be up to the coach and Monchi, but we do not want to see him: it is a pillar of what we want to build, we want guys like him.
“If we think about selling Pjanic or Salah , we had no choice. There was no such decision: we want to sell Pjanic, it was not like that.
“If I had spent more time with him, if they told me he wanted to stay, I would have tried to convince him. Then, maybe, we would have sold it anyway.
“Salah wanted to leave to test himself in the Premier League.”