It’s hard to believe that anything could be too shocking for Deadpool.
Ryan Reynold’s foul-mouthed anti-hero prides himself on never holding back.
Leaks from early screenings of Deadpool 2 have revealed the five end credit scenes plus one that made preview audiences so uncomfortable it was dropped.
As always, the crazy fun continues all the way to the end with two massive Marvel and Ryan Reynolds in-jokes that will entertain fans and three other scenes based around fan favourite characters.
The leaked end credit scenes give large clues about what may happen in the movie so be aware: WARNING SPOILERS
With much speculation around Avengers 4 centering on time travel, it is typically meta that the Deadpool 2 end credit scenes all feature Wade time-hopping for his own amusement and to right some wrongs.
Of course, Josh Brolin’s Cable comes from the future, so this movie also has its own tangled timeline.
According to Jeremy Conrad at MCU Cosmic there were originally five scenes to wrap up Deadpool 2.
1. The first shows mutants Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Yukio fixing the time travel device.
Obviously now this confirms there is a time travel device, although it may have already been shown in Cable scenes from the trailers.
2. Wade uses the device to go back in time and save Vanessa. This means someting bad is going to happen to the hugely popular character during the movie. Again.
3. Wade also goes back to save Peter. This civilian member of the fledgling X-Force is already a massive cult favourite after being introduced in the trailers. He has no powers and a dody moustache. a perfect addition to Deadpool’s misfit bunch. The end credit scene implies he probably has a terrible (but shockingly amusing) death during the movie.
4. Wade travels across time (and franchises) for the first meta scene where he pops up in an old Wolverine scene and kills Weapon XI.
This, of course, was also played by Ryan Reynolds and is the first on-screen appearance of (a very different) Wade Wilson. Nobody will mourn the death of this rather unsuccessful first attempt at the character.
5. Wade as Deadpool the appears on screen with Ryan Reynolds himself who is excitedly reading a Green Lantern script. That movie, of course, was a huge flop and Deadpool fittingly shoots the actor in the head.
That may sound close enough to the bone, and yet there was an even more controversial scene that was cut after early test screenings.
Conrad reports: “Deadpool in a newborn ward. Standing next to a crib with a name tag that says “A Hilter”. He goes back and forth on doing it. A baby cries and he says, “Shut up Ira, you’ll thank me someday!”. Finally he goes for it, then baby Hitler’s POV as Dreadpool strangles him.
“Why was that last scene cut? Apparently it did make some people very uncomfortable in test screenings, despite how hilarious it was. Hopefully it ends up on the Blu-Ray as a deleted scene…”
Even Deadpool has limits, it seems.
DEADPOOL 2 IS OUT ON MAY 16 IN THE UK. MAY 18 IN THE US.